Salutations!

This is my Blogproject. Sit down, stay awhile. Feed the fish, and read some art.
If you like what you see or have any questions or critiques, please let me know.
Yours, Truly.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Roller Coasters

I'm never afraid of the things that I should be.

Spiders are artists. Loving parents, innovative engineers.They fascinate me.
Snakes are lovers looking for warmth. Composed of a single all-encompassing hug, just waiting to happen.

Fire plays on every sense. The heat caressing your skin, the crackle and hiss of a new log, the smell (oh the smell!). Fire smells like joy and childhood. Like dusky nights and freed secrets. Even cave-men saw it-- equal parts danger, practicality and beauty. I could stare at it for hours.

I love to be alone, I'm more afraid that I will never be allowed to love it without guilt.
Death is simply another place I have to go. 

Flying, falling, jumping, going...
They leave me elated; my nerves sparkling, and every breath I expel is victory set precariously on the edge--veering recklessly ever closer to laughter.
They also cause mothers everywhere to frown (as only mothers can).

You, I'm allowed to love. I guess your gaudy colours and flashing lights distract from your more nefarious possibilities. But despite them and, in part, because of them we flock to you.
What do you expect? I'm just an overqualified monkey-- an adrenaline junkie. I'm a moth to a flaming chariot. I'm a girl who loves to feel alive. To snub my nose at the incredulity of existence and let awareness flood every iota of being that I possess.

You give me all of that, when you can. But it's cold now, and I miss you.

Yours, Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment