Salutations!

This is my Blogproject. Sit down, stay awhile. Feed the fish, and read some art.
If you like what you see or have any questions or critiques, please let me know.
Yours, Truly.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Old Clothes

I'm writing to you all today because I think we need to talk.

We've known each other a long time and the fact is, I've grown out of past you. We had some great times but it's been a long time since you made me look feel desirable.

I have loved you longer than you deserve, and kept you around because of the good times we had and the great memories we've made... but the time has come, and you're falling apart I'm holding you it together. So smarten up!

I will always remember the feel of you on my skin-- covering me up, keeping me warm. I almost want to keep you, but I know deep down it's just to avoid throwing you out losing you. I might need you one day! For a... who can dress like a toddler contest? To plug holes in my roof? I need to be realistic, and also I need to be fair to you. You could be out there being loved by some fashionless tween, being celebrated as I once celebrated you.

It's time, for someone else to love you. To fill you out up with their insecurities and dreams. You've remained empty, sitting in the background of my closet for far too long and it is time for you to get out there and live until you wear yourself out.

It's not you, it's... well yeah it is. But I'll still miss you in spirit.
But really, corduroy floral?!?! What was I on??

Yours, Truly


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, that's adorable. Fashionless tween. I threw out corduroy pink pants yesterday. Muna saw my bag of old clothes and laughed because I was only throwing out my junior high threads now.

    ReplyDelete